I think "Export as Markdown document" should be able to export the numbering of a numbered list.

Comments

  1. Hello, thanks for the suggestion.

    Do you use global list formatting or smart syntax like [1]?

    Best,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirill Maximov I use both but more often the smart syntax. This would be a big improvement for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Not trivial to implement, unfortunately, but will add it to the enhancements list regarding Markdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirill Maximov Sorry for the late reply. I use "numbers" in "list style". And besides numbering, nested list indentation is also necessary in my case.
    What I usually do is, I take notes with checkvist both on my phone and computer as project is in progress. And I will copy the markdown export to typora for final editing while inserting some screenshots. But without parent list numbering and child list indentation, the relationship between parent and child lists would be lost.

    So it would be great if a list like the following one
    //List starts
    # Test #

    first note.

    second note:

    - second note nested list item 1.
    - second note nested list item 2.

    third note.
    //List ends

    could be instead exported like following(if list numbering is turned on):
    //List starts
    # Test #

    1. first note.

    2. second note:

    - second note nested list item 1.
    - second note nested list item 2.

    3. third note.
    //List ends

    This would save me some work in recovering the strucrure in typora. Despite this, checkvist is really convient in a way that it encourages me to take notes.

    Best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jiasen,

    Thanks a lot for your feedback. We'll try to see how we could allow combining different lists styles implied by Checkvist and mix them with the markdown markup. What you're suggesting makes sense, but only if the second note would have sub-list numbering disabled with [*] prefix. Currently it does not work, unfortunately.

    I'd appreciate if you vote/watch this feature request:
    checkvist.uservoice.com - Consider list style (numbering, bullets, checkboxes) when exporting to Markdown

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello friends

Hello friends!