So I've been saving my lists locally as Markdown ever since that became the default, right?

So I've been saving my lists locally as Markdown ever since that became the default, right? Well, today I spent a good hour editing one of those Markdown files for a new list derived from an existing one, then went on to Checkvist to import my work... only to find that there's no import for Markdown.

I get that not every export format makes sense to import. But why oh why is Markdown the default when it's one of these?

Comments

  1. Hi,

    If someone converts a list for export to some external system/editor, Markdown choice seems quite natural, as there are many tools which understand Markdown format. Import from Markdown is a rather non-trivial task, so it was not implemented yet.

    For the backup export/import roundtrip, you can use OPML, because this is the only format which keeps all the attributes (tags, due, assignee, priority etc.)

    We've added a task for Markdown import, hopefully we'll implement it: checkvist.uservoice.com - Import from Markdown

    Sorry for the confusion,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reply, Kirill Maximov . Although Markdown import would be nice, in the meanwhile it might make sense to change the default? Or maybe show a message to the effect of, "Warning: Markdown files can't be imported back into Checkvist."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sterling Udell Thanks for the suggestion, but I think that a case like yours is a rare one, and we'd still want to show a possibility to export into Markdown on the first place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello friends

Hello friends!

I'm really enjoy using checkvist, you are adding great features very quickly.