Hi all!

Hi all! I'm a new user, but I'm already loving Checkvist. I would like to ask a question though about a function I can't seem to get working. When I do a search in a list, eg. for one of the tags, the search results don't only show the actual elements that have that tag, but also their parents. In the help I read: "On Due and Search pages Checkvist shows list items without parents. ... To toggle context on and off, press sc ('show context') or select the Show context in the View options menu in the toolbar." Now, my problem is that I see this setting on the Due page, but I can't find a way to hide context, parent tasks in the general search results. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Comments

  1. Hello Attila Nyári, general search results in the documentation refers to the cross-list search, which is shown when you press Enter twice in the search string.

    When you filter the single list, there is no way to hide parent items when the match is in the sub-tasks.

    I'm not sure why would you need to hide parent items in this case. What may be interesting for you is an ability to focus on a particular branch with Shift+Right keyboard shortcut.

    Best,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your reply Kirill Maximov. Your response was very helpful, I got what I needed in the cross-list search.

    I have a list, where I tried to gather everything for an organization I'm leading. I set up different categories with tags - there are focus areas, projects and todo items in there. So I asked my question because I wanted to have a view, where I could only review all my focus areas without seeing all their parent categories - it's a simple list I needed. I hope it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha, I see. You may also consider using different lists for different projects + use ^ASAP due date for the focus areas. In this case, you may see your focus areas on the Due screen under ASAP section.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello friends

I'm really enjoy using checkvist, you are adding great features very quickly.