I poked around a bit but didn't find this discussed (which of course doesn't mean it hasn't been done):

I poked around a bit but didn't find this discussed (which of course doesn't mean it hasn't been done):

Why does 'un-hoisting/focusing' result in the list returning focus to the root level of the list (albeit, with the branch I had just had hoisted)? In the attached images, #1 shows the fully expanded list, #2 hoists Root_item_1, #3 hoists sub_item_1, and #4 unhoists sub_item_1. Notice that the focus has return to the root level.

It seems far more intuitive to me that if I press 'shift-right arrow' to focus that sublist, then 'shift-left arrow' should return the focus to the previous state.

Was this a deliberate design decision, and if so, what was the rationale behind it? I like to keep the focus well below the root level in order to keep things neat and uncluttered, and I find this hoisting logic a bit disruptive since it basically forces me back to root.



Comments

  1. Paul Garaud I once needed the behavior you describe. It's possible to show the parent list items to directly navigate to any level. In general, it would be nice to have a "back" when unfocussing. (But I also want to be able to get back to root in one step.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralf Hauber Paul Garaud Thanks a lot for the comments. I suppose we'll implement an approach when unfocus will work as focus UNDO, i.e. it will return to the previous focused state. Looks like it is not very hard to do, will add it the the next release pool.

    Thanks again,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, regarding Shift+Left/Shift+Right behaviour, could you please comment on this topic in our new forum?

    discuss.checkvist.com - Un-hoisting / un-focus should move to next level up, not root - Checkvist Friends

    Would appreciate your opinion, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello friends

Hello friends!

I'm really enjoy using checkvist, you are adding great features very quickly.