I think localization needs some work. In particular, there are some start of week and timezone issues.

I think localization needs some work. In particular, there are some start of week and timezone issues.

I live in Israel, where the week starts on Sunday. However, I'm seeing all the calendars and checkboxes start with Monday.

Also, in my profile, it incorrectly detects the timezone as being Athens instead of Jerusalem/Israel.

In any case, I think it's a mistake to rely exclusively on detection. It makes sense to use it to set defaults, but both of these should be settings that the user can manually set.

I travel often and use browsers in different countries. I expect to continue to see things "my way", and not whatever happens to be the "local way". It's just like language: if I travel to Russia, say, I wouldn't expect the interface to switch to Russian all of a sudden just because the timezone changed. That would be just a little bit confusing.

Comments

  1. Hello Noam, thanks for writing about the problem.

    Actually, it is supposed that a user can change its timezone, but looks like we've broken this feature.
    Going to fix it soon. and will let you know.

    Thanks again,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noam Kfir Hello again, could you please check if changing timezone works correctly on https://beta.checkvist.com (same login/password)? I've made a fix which should work.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirill Maximov I was able to change the timezone. Thanks for fixing that. However, the calendar week still starts on Monday instead of Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad it works for you. As for the week start - we don't have an option about the exact day where to start the week, and this information is not available in the timezone, as far as I know. May be we'll introduce it, but a bit later.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello friends

I'm really enjoy using checkvist, you are adding great features very quickly.