"Send me change digest for the last 24 hours" never works.

Comments

  1. Hello Jim, this command sends changes only for the lists marked for "Daily digest", and also considers option "Notify about my own changes". Would it explain why you didn't get the notification e-mail?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all my lists on "instant notification", so now I understand, but you should probably explain better on that page.

    The reason I was hoping to download a complete set of changes (even though I'm already getting notifications) is because Gmail is a nightmare to search through, and it would be great to have 24 hrs of all changes (perhaps including my own, even though I exclude them from my instant notifications) in one document. We could add that to our backup procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, sorry for the confusion, I've made a change that "Send digest now" button considers both 'daily change digest' lists and 'ongoing changes' lists. I'll put this change to the https://beta.checkvist.com in an hour.

    The production site I hope to update later the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It works!

    It seems strange to wait for confirmation, though I understand you're building in a check. Another option would be to report simply "check your email" and send a failure notice if something goes wrong, so we don't have to wait around the page. On the other hand, most users probably don't have as much data as I do, so it's probably a shorter wait for them.

    I tested with my default notification settings, and results looked good.

    Then I toggled on "Include notifications about my own changes" and checked again, and that worked well, too.

    Question: is there an API or URL or other way to script (on our end) this as an automatic backup, preferably including my own changes (though those are left off my instant notifications)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jim, sorry for a delay with the answer.

    We don't have a documented OpenAPI to send daily change digest, but it is definitely scriptable.
    To press the button programmatically, you can run HTTP POST request to https://checkvist.com/auth/digest (this request will work only for PRO users).

    Before sending this request, you can enable own changes in notifications with another POST request:
    https://checkvist.com/auth/user_prefs?user_prefs[notify_own_changes]=true
    and disable with a similar request after that.

    Hope this helps,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jim, this fix with Sending due digest is on the production site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jim, this fix with Sending due digest is on the production site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello friends

Hello friends!

I'm really enjoy using checkvist, you are adding great features very quickly.