I've just come back to Checkvist after being away for some years. Things are looking real good, but...

I've just come back to Checkvist after being away for some years. Things are looking real good, but...

I think it started with my opening an existing script from the command line (eg, charm xyz --line 999) and it complained about not having an ide or something. And then, even after swithing back to my "scripts" project, all of the adjustments I made to the setting and keymap (mayby 40 or so) have disappeared.
* Is there any possibility of recovery?
* How do I keep this from happening?
* How do I back up my PyCharm settings to my home system?
* How often and when do I need to do this to guard against this kind of loss?
* How can I produce a listing of just what settings I have changed?
* How do I produce my own "cheat sheet" showing the updated keystroke shortcuts?
Thank you.

Comments

  1. My settings have recovered themselves and not sure what I did to make that happen. But the question remains on how to back all of the settings and keymap to my local machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello John Gilbrough , 

      I'm a bit confused regarding your message. Are you sure you're talking about Checkvist, and not some other tool, like JetBrains PyCharm?

      From what you're writing, you're probably talking about IDE settings, and not about Checkvist. Regarding PyCharm settings - here is a help article, which describes which settings are stored and where, hope this helps you: https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/help/project-and-ide-settings.html

      Best regards,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello friends

Hello friends!

I'm really enjoy using checkvist, you are adding great features very quickly.