I'm experimenting with the best way to manage a large task list.

I'm experimenting with the best way to manage a large task list. I want to set up priorities, tags, and due dates in helpful ways. 

I try to have two modes of work: (1) Manager mode, when I look over all my projects and make a plan. (2) Employee mode, where I have a short list of prioritized tasks and I can focus on getting them done. (This is an analogy -- I am both the Manager and the Employee at different times.)

This is why I was drawn to Checkvist. I can set up a detailed hierarchy and review the big picture, but then use filters to narrow my focus for the day. 

Often I have a task which is not important right now, but will be high priority on a certain day next week. I'm not sure the best way to handle this. If I give tasks like this a high priority, then they are distracting for the current view. Perhaps I need to wait until their date comes up and then set a priority, but that also has a risk that I won't notice them on the date that they come due.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Comments

  1. I'm on the same page with you re: the benefits of Checkvist, and about the issue you describe. As a thought experiment - suppose you create a subtask that triggers a week earlier... and its content is but a warning about next week? if so, you're asking for interactive/dynamic priority setting. I doubt Checkvist aims to do include such a feature.

    Some workarounds I've tried: 1. Duplicate the task with "prepare for (task)..." not an elegant solution, I know. 2. Maintain an independent countdown widget on my mobile desktop for the most important future delivery dates. 2. Mark several "top/most important" projects in color and/icons regardless of their date. 3. Hire an additional manager :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello friends

I'm really enjoy using checkvist, you are adding great features very quickly.