Could I get some help on repeating dates please, they're confusing me! Have checked the help and discussion posts.

Could I get some help on repeating dates please, they're confusing me! Have checked the help and discussion posts.

Firstly I assume I should not have a 'dd' due date if I'm using 'dr' date repeat?

1. I have a task which I've set the first instance for today, repeated every 2 weeks from the due date. I've left the 'generate before' empty. If I then go to today's task and complete it (spacebar)  it gets crossed off but stays with today's date.

2. I also have a 2-week repeating task with 2-day advance generation where the completed occurrence is last week - it's still shows crossed out, and just has the 'circle arrow' icon without a date - is that expected?

3. Similarly I have a 2-week repeating task with a 2-day advance generation where the first date for next week, and that does show the next due date.

Kinda seems inconsistent but I'm not sure I'm using it right. The 'dr' dialog shows the next 3 dates correctly in all cases.
- when should the completed occurrence disappear when I complete it?
- if I don't set the 'generate before' value, does it just stay crossed out until I get to the next occurrence date? 
- when should I see the next occurrence date in the list - feels like it should regenerate and the previous occurrence disappear but I'm not sure when.

Thanks

Comments

  1. Hello, Stuart,

    1. The task is crossed off, and remains visible in the list, this is correct. To hide completed tasks, you can use 'hide completed' option, shortcut 'hc'. Later this day, the new due should be set for this task and it will be reopened.

    2. Yes, the task remains closed until there are 2 days before the next due. At this moment, the task will be reopened, and the new due will be set for the task.

    3. The task doesn't show next due because it wasn't generated yet. I.e. it will be generated 2 days before the due, as you set in the options.

    Answering your questions:
    - when should the completed occurrence disappear when I complete it?
           - it doesn't disappear, it is marked as completed and stay so until next due is generated. To hide such tasks, use 'hide completed' option for the list

    - if I don't set the 'generate before' value, does it just stay crossed out until I get to the next occurrence date? 
          - the task will be re-opened within a day and new due date will be set on it.

    - when should I see the next occurrence date in the list - feels like it should regenerate and the previous occurrence disappear but I'm not sure when
         - depends on the 'generate xx days before the next due date'. If not set, next due will be generated the same/next day. 

    Hope, this explains Checkvist behaviour :)

    Best,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello friends

Hello friends!

I'm really enjoy using checkvist, you are adding great features very quickly.