I can see from https://checkvist.com/auth/help that I am supposed to be able to make a public read-only list with my...

I can see from https://checkvist.com/auth/help that I am supposed to be able to make a public read-only list with my free account via clicking share then make public. ("If you have a free account, you can choose to make a list public to make it avaiilable for larger audience in the "read-only" mode.")  I can see lists I've shared that way in the past still present, but not on other lists. e.g. from my list page, I check a list, click share, and see 'this list is public (read-only access)'. Clicking on that shows me the embedding code to use. What has happened / where is this now?

Note: I am NOT INTERESTED in what I see by clicking 'shared', 'share list by link' then 'invite people as readers (available fo rCheckvist Pro accounts)'.  Which is what I get with a different list (check, then click share). Generate link there produces a link that requires my reader to log in to checkvist, unlike the embedded version where the list just comes up - no registration or log in required.

Where has this embedding feature gone?
(URLs, please?)

Comments

  1. D'OH! Never mind ... I wasn't the list owner.

    Suggestion: On the list page, sharing is noted by 'shared (you + #). That a list is shared is self-evident by the presence of the '(you +#)'. Could the 'shared' be changed to 'owner' when that is true? It might make it more self-evident (a la slap upside the head) that not being the owner one shouldn't try to change the sharing settings. CDN$0.02

    Or, perhaps, have 'make public' always present but greyed out if not the list owner. And/Or append a note to the grey, e.g. Not list owner, or, only the list owner can make public.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

       The feature is still available as it was before. The only possible reason for this feature unavailability could be that you're not the owner of the list. Only list owner can make it public. List owner can transfer the ownership to another person, if needed.
      If this is not your case, please send us e-mail to kirsa@checkvist.com with your list details - we'll take a look.

      Hope, this helps,
      KIR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee esS Thanks, these are good points! We will try to improve interface there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello friends

Hello friends!