I'm deciding between Checkvist, Todoist and Nirvana, to use in a GTD-influenced way.

I'm deciding between Checkvist, Todoist and Nirvana, to use in a GTD-influenced way.  So far, Checkvist is looking very good. A few things I have found, which I would like to see changed:

When using the due-date (dd shortcut) dialog, selecting a date in the calendar e.g. using the mouse should result in that date being inserted into the text field. Currently, nothing seems to happen when I click a date. I'm using the latest stable Chrome browser on Windows.

I would really like to be able to group lists into what Nirvana calls 'Areas' e.g. Home, Work, Personal etc. etc.   In Checkvist the only way to achieve something similar is to nest sublists, but this is not as satisfactory.

In Todoist, no 'Areas' exist either, but you can create subprojects. The web page displays the project tree on the left and if you select a top level project, the right hand pane displays the items and the subprojects in a list with headings.

There is another way you can combine or organise lists though: use the lst: smart syntax (see http://goo.gl/F6ZhzK) to link several subordinate lists to a master list. But this is a little clumsy - I'd prefer to keep structure separate.

Just one more thing: I'd like to be able to select and then move multiple items from one list to another. Currently you have to move items one by one - select an item and hit 'mm'. The help section does suggest that the 'Copy' dialog allows you to move multiple items but I haven't worked out how. 

I also use +Workflowy and I consider it to be the best outliner tool currently available. I am not expecting to replace Workflowy with Checkvist, but Checkvist does attempt to be an outliner too.

I really like Checkvist, but it needs to decide what it's going to be best at.  I think task management / GTD support is where it should concentrate its resources.
http://goo.gl/F6ZhzK

Comments

  1. Hello Kirill,

    Thanks for such a fast response! 

    I will check the due-date widget - thanks for letting me know about that.

    Tags on lists works, up to a point. But it's not as convenient (to me, at least) as grouping or nesting lists as I described. Workflowy also supports tagging (I think it implements tagging very well) and I've experimented quite a bit with tags to achieve better organisation, as well as to implement a GTD-like system. 

    I have used the 'hoist' feature - I was pleased to find that, because I really like the way this is done in Workflowy.  Hoist is almost as good!  

    Overall, I think Checkvist is an excellent tool and worth spending much more time with. 

    Roger

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello friends

Hello friends!

I'm really enjoy using checkvist, you are adding great features very quickly.