I've found that the best workflow for my checkvist usage is through creating small lists with the right people...

I've found that the best workflow for my checkvist usage is through creating small lists with the right people shared. It's similar to a well-factored object oriented system: you have minimal responsibilities for each list and the right "interactions" with that responsibility and you end up with something very flexible and meaningful.

The problem I'm having: make sure I keep track of those lists. In reality I have a recurrence in my head of when I should review the list. My "Someday" list should only be reviewed once a week. My "network migration" list should be reviewed every day. My "home" list should be reviewed every 2-3 days. How do you suggest I manage this? With recurring tasks? A new feature?

Thanks for everything you do.

Comments

  1. Well, I'd suggest using recurring tasks for that.

    For instance, you create a master list titled "Lists for review" with links to your existing lists (use lst: smart syntax to insert a reference to existing list).
    Review [list A]
    Review [list B]
    Review [list C]

    For each of such "review" list items, you create a recurring task, using dr keyboard shortcut.

    After that enable Due notifications for this "Lists for review" list (see the envelope icon in the right part of the toolbar)

    I think this should work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea Kirill, I think I'll try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just set everything up and it looks great. I love the flexibility of the model. That is its true strength. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello friends

Hello friends!

I'm really enjoy using checkvist, you are adding great features very quickly.